Canine Leishmania Rapid Test kit
Deal Live Now! Mix and Match BOGO Half off.
Leishmania is a parasitic infection that can cause symptoms such as; kidney disease, enlarged lymph nodes, weight loss and more. It is vital to screen your dogs for Leishmania not only to keep your kennel healthy and happy, but also because it can be transferred to humans.
*Please note a centrifuge is required
Test for less when you buy the 10-count in bulk!
Make sure to select "10 tests" under the quantity dropdown.
- Save 8% when you buy (2) two
- Save 12% when you buy (3) three
- Save 15% when you buy (4) four or more
The Leishmania tests detect antibodies specific to Leishmania. Use just a few drops of serum or whole blood. So easy and fast!
*Please note, a small amount of blood (<1mL) is required from the animal for testing, as well as a centrifuge to produce serum. A 75ul (microliter) mechanical pipettor is recommended, but not required*
No refrigeration is required, AND 12-month shelf life!
- Rapid, early results. Reliable results in 8-10 minutes, you will get immediate test results.
- Easy to interpret. Simple to understand results with no complex interpretation needed,
- Super easy! No analyzer is required, simply draw blood, spin into serum, and place it into the test kit. And 10 minutes later you have the result!
- Now available in 1, 2, and 10 counts!
*This product is a screening tool only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If the result is positive please consult with your vet.
How does it work?
Canine Leishmania Antibody Rapid Test is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a testing window. The testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control) zone. When sample is applied into the sample hole on the device, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough antibody in the sample, a visible T band will appear. The C band should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the presence of Leishmania antibodies in the sample.
- Centrifuge a small amount of dog’s blood sample to get serum or plasma,
- Add 1 drop of serum (20ul), into the buffer tube. Mix thoroughly by inverting the tube multiple times.
- Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it horizontally
- Gradually drip 3 (75ul) drops of sample serum into the sample hole.
- Wait 5-10 minutes for the lines to appear.