Canine Distemper/Parvovirus Dual Test Kit
Easy to use, Fast, Accurate, Inexpensive, and Reliable! Proactively screening for Distemper and Parvovirus can help catch a problem before it's a big issue. So easy to do!
Check out all the VERIFIED CanineP4 CUSTOMER Reviews Below! Now available in 1, 2, and 10 counts for Your convenience!
Easy testing for less when you buy the 10 count in bulk!
Make sure to select "10 tests" under the quantity dropdown.
- Save 8% when you buy (2) two
- Save 12% when you buy (3) three
- Save 15% when you buy (4) four or more
Choose between fecal, mucous, or serum samples. Interpretation of the test is very straightforward and is described in the additional tabs provided. No Analyzer is needed.
No refrigeration is required, AND 12-month shelf life!
- Rapid, early results. Reliable results in 8-10 minutes, you will get immediate test results.
- Easy to interpret. Simple to understand results with no complex interpretation needed.
- Same-Day Shipping (order by 1 PM CS) Your shipment is Tracked, Monitored, and Insured! With Professional full-time Support Technicians available! Phone, Email, and Chat!
- Now available in 1, 2, and 10 counts!
*This product is a screening tool only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If the result is positive please consult with your vet.
What is canine distemper virus?
- A disease in dogs that is caused by viruses and affects their respiratory system, respiratory gastrointestinal, the central nervous system including their eyes' conjunctiva membranes is called canine distemper. The initial manifestation of the disease includes thick mucus coming from the nose and eyes, coughing, and sneezing.
What does canine parvovirus cause?
- The major symptoms associated with the intestinal form of a canine parvovirus infection include: The intestinal form of CPV affects the body's ability to absorb nutrients, and an affected animal will quickly become dehydrated and weak from lack of protein and fluid absorption. The wet tissue of the mouth and eyes may become noticeably red, and the heart may beat too rapidly. Hospitalization may be required.
How do these simple tests work?
This rapid test is a combined cartridge to diagnose the presence of canine distemper virus antigen and Canine Parvovirus antigen in a dog’s mucous secretions, serum, or feces.
Assay Time: 5-10 min
Sample: Secretions, serum, or feces
This CDV/CPV rapid test is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has two testing windows. Each testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control) zone. When the sample is applied into the sample hole on the device, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough CDV antigen or CPV antigen in the sample, a visible T band will appear in the corresponding testing window. The C band should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the presence of CDV antigen or CPV antigen in the sample.
* Collect the dog’s ocular and nasal secretions with the swab stick.
* Insert the wet swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitate it to assure good sample extraction.
* If using serum sample, please do a dilution of 1:2 with the provided assay buffer. 1 part serum to 2 parts buffer
* Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
* Gradually drip 3 drops each of sample extraction into the sample holes.
* Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Results after 10 minutes is considered invalid.
Positive: The presence of both C band and T band, no matter T band is strong or faint.
Negative: Only a clear C band appears.
Invalid: No colored band appears in the C zone, no matter whether the T band appears.
Canine P4 products are very easy and convenient to use. I had purchased Canine Distemper/Parvovirus testing kit. I highly recommend their products. It helps me save money with expensive veterinarian costs.
Never received even though usps said delivered. We don’t have neighbors so no chance of that mix up. Reached out for a refund and haven’t heard back
Thank you for the review Marla! Unfortunately, it takes about three business days after we open a claim on your behalf to receive a response back from USPS. After hearing back on the third day from USPS, we refunded your order the very next morning after we offered to re-send it through UPS or Fedex. We are very sorry to hear about the lost package. The order was refunded the very next morning after awaiting the claim news from USPS. Thank you for alerting us of this issue. Please let us know how we can be of service again!
Our Rescue used one of these tests after having a litter of pups for no apparent reason get sick. The test was a life saver as it helped us get the results fast, quick and helped us get the pups what was needed before it was to late. We ordered more (we ordered just one test to see how it worked) and after the life saving test we were more than happy to order a whole box.