Canine Distemper/Parvovirus Dual Test Kit (10ct)
Easy to use, Fast, Accurate, Inexpensive, and Reliable! Get peace of mind knowing that your Dog(s) are clean or get proactive with treatment if they are not! So easy to do!
Easy testing for less when you buy in bulk!
- Save 8% when you buy (2) two
- Save 12% when you buy (3) three
- Save 15% when you buy (4) four or more
Choose between fecal, mucous, or serum samples. Interpretation of the test is very straightforward and is described in the additional tabs provided. No Analyzer needed.
No refrigeration required, AND 12-month shelf life!
- Rapid, early results. Reliable results in 8-10 minutes, you will get immediate test results.
- Easy to interpret. Simple to understand results with no complex interpretation needed.
*This product is a screening tool only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. If the result is positive please consult with your vet.
What is canine distemper virus?
- A disease in dogs that is caused by viruses and affects their respiratory system, respiratory gastrointestinal, the central nervous system including their eyes' conjunctiva membranes is called canine distemper. The initial manifestation of the disease includes thick mucus coming from the nose and eyes, coughing, and sneezing.
What does canine parvovirus cause?
- The major symptoms associated with the intestinal form of a canine parvovirus infection include: The intestinal form of CPV affects the body's ability to absorb nutrients, and an affected animal will quickly become dehydrated and weak from lack of protein and fluid absorption. The wet tissue of the mouth and eyes may become noticeably red, and the heart may beat too rapidly. Hospitalization may be required.
How do these simple tests work?
This rapid test is a combined cartridge to diagnose the presence of canine distemper virus antigen and Canine Parvovirus antigen in a dog’s mucous secretions, serum, or feces.
Assay Time: 5-10 min
Sample: Secretions, serum, or feces
This CDV/CPV rapid test is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has two testing windows. Each testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control) zone. When the sample is applied into the sample hole on the device, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough CDV antigen or CPV antigen in the sample, a visible T band will appear in the corresponding testing window. The C band should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the presence of CDV antigen or CPV antigen in the sample.
* Collect the dog’s ocular and nasal secretions with the swab stick.
* Insert the wet swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitate it to assure good sample extraction.
* If using serum sample, please do a dilution of 1:2 with the provided assay buffer. 1 part serum to 2 parts buffer
* Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
* Gradually drip 3 drops each of sample extraction into the sample holes.
* Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Results after 10 minutes is considered invalid.
Positive: The presence of both C band and T band, no matter T band is strong or faint.
Negative: Only a clear C band appears.
Invalid: No colored band appears in the C zone, no matter whether the T band appears.
This product is great to have so you can diagnose or rule out distemper or parvo and quickly treat your dog accordingly!