Giardia Canine & Feline 10 Test kit
Easy to use, Fast, Accurate, Inexpensive, and Reliable! Get the peace of mind knowing that your Dog(s) are clean or get proactive with treatment if they are not! So easy to do! Interpretation of the test is very straightforward and is described in the additional tabs provided. No Analyzer needed.
Please note: this is a vomit or fecal test, and not a serum
What is Giardia?
Giardiasis is caused due to parasite infection that spreads through contaminated water and food. It causes diarrhea, vomiting, loss of appetite, pain and fatigue. It can be cured using medication in few weeks. In some cases, the patient gets better without any medical attention.
Giardia Ag test is a sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay for the qualitative detection of Giardia antigen in dog’s or cats’ feces or vomit
Assay Time: 5-10 min
Sample: Feces or vomit
- PRINCIPLE OF THE ASSAY
Giardia Ag Test is based on sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a testing window. The testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control) zone. When sample is applied into the sample hole on the device, the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If there is enough Giardia antigen in the sample, a visible T band will appear. The C band should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the presence of Giardia antigen in the sample.
- KIT COMPONENT
- 10×foil pouches, each containing one cassette, one pipette and a desiccant
- 10× swab sticks --10× assay buffer tubes
- Product Manual
- TEST PROCEDURE
- Collect feces or vomit with the swab stick from dog’s or cat’s cloaca or on the ground.
- Insert the wet swab into the provided assay buffer tube. Agitate it to assure good sample extraction.
- Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it horizontally.
-Gradually drip 2-3 drops of the mixture into the sample hole “S”.
- Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is considered as invalid.
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C). The test kit is stable through the expiration date (18 months) marked on the foil pouch. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.