Cube Vet - Cortisol Test for Dogs.
*May require 6 week lead time
Cortisol is a glucocorticoid hormone that affects the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats. Chronic, excessive glucocorticoid release leads to hyperadrenocorticism (HAC).
Pituitary-dependent hyperadrenocorticism (PDH), more commonly known as Cushing‘s disease, is caused by a pituitary tumour (mostly adenomas) in the brain. The tumour triggers excessive levels of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), which stimulates the adrenal glands near the kidneys to produce cortisol. A small percentage of dogs with HAC have a tumour of one of the adrenal glands. This form of HAC is called adrenal-dependent HAC and results from a direct increase in cortisol production by the adrenal gland tumour.
The overproduction of cortisol causes symptoms such as hair loss, pot-bellied appearance, increased appetite, and polydipsia and polyuria. Addison’s disease (hypoadrenocorticism, or underproduction of cortisol) occurs less commonly than the Cushing’s disease in dogs.
Just a few of the great benefits of the Cube Vet Cortisol Testing!
- 16 or 6 Cortisol Test Kits are available!
- Kit comes with an average expiration of 6 months, with a minimum of 3 months.
- Easy to use clinical level Cortisol testing.
- Professional results in less than 8 minutes.
- Austrian Engineered with the highest accuracy and precision!
- Free Professional Lipase normal range chart to evaluate your Dog's health!
- All Tests shipped iced in insulated boxes.
- Customer Technical Support.
*Test kits on average have 6 months of usability prior to the expiration.
So easy to run your Cortisol Testing! Take a look!
Love that I don't have to wait anymore for cortisol results!