Cube Vet NH3 (Ammonia) Test Kits
Single test kit for canine, feline, and equine species!
*May Require Up to 6 weeks lead time
Protein digestion produces ammonia within the intestine by deamination of amino acid. Ammonia reaches the liver by portal blood where it is attached to the urea (main path for intestinal ammonia within the urea). Heavy liver dysfunction (e.g. shunt, cirrhosis) can prevent the liver of synthesizing ammonia into urea.
As a result, one will receive a lowered urea speculum in relation to creatinine as well as increased blood ammonia. Ammonia and other protein metabolism (aromatic amino acids) that get out of control of the liver metabolism can affect the central nervous system (hepatoenzephale syndrome).
The accuracy of ammonia determination is extremely dependent on sample collection. Use only fresh EDTA plasma (ammonia heparin plasma or serum must not be used). After drawing the blood immediately centrifuge the collection tube to get plasma. The plasma sample has to be analyzed within 5 minutes on the instrument.
- Same-day shipping when you order by 1:00 PM (Central time)
- Professional results in less than 8 minutes.
- Austrian Engineered with the highest accuracy and precision!
- All Tests shipped iced in insulated boxes.
- Customer Technical Support.
- (16) or (6) ct kits are available.
- Kit comes with an average expiration of 6 months, with a minimum of 3 months.
*May require up to a 6 week lead time
Enzymatic test. Photometric measurement of the absorbance rate (kinetic) at 340 nm wavelength.
10 – 1100 µmol/L (LOT dependent)
This test takes approx. 8.5 minutes.