Cube Vet Fructosamine Test Kits.
*May require up to a 6 week lead time
Fructosamine is an ideal parameter for the monitoring of diabetic animals. Fructosamine arises from the binding of glucose to proteins. In dogs, glucose has a stronger affinity to albumins and globulins in cats. Because of the half-life time of plasma proteins, a single measurement of fructosamine indicates the average glucose concentration over the previous 1 to 2 weeks.
Individual measurements of fructosamine should be interpreted in view of the clinical symptoms of diabetes, body weight, and blood glucose concentration. The general rule is the closer the fructosamine concentration to the reference range for healthy dogs and cats, the better glycemic control.
Eurolyser’s “Gold standard fructosamine” assay is an enzymatic assay that is much more specific for glycated serum protein (fructosamine) than the old-traditional NBT based fructosamine assay which is significantly interfered by endogenous reducing substances. NBT reacts with various endogenous substances of reducing activity such as thiol groups, NADH, and ascorbate. In fact, studies have shown that only about half of the reducing activity (fructosamine) was due to specific non-enzymatic glycation of proteins, and the remaining unspecific activity varied from serum to serum. See all the options for the Cube Vet professional Canine and Equine testing system!
Just a few of the benefits of a Cube Vet Fructosamine test!
- 16 or 6 Fructosamine Test Kits are available!
- Same-day shipping when you order by 1:00 PM (Central time)
- Easy to use clinical level progesterone testing.
- Professional results in less than 8 minutes.
- Austrian Engineered with the highest accuracy and precision!
- Free Professional Fructosamine normal range chart for your convenience!
- All Tests shipped iced in insulated boxes.
- Customer Technical Support.
- Kit comes with an average expiration of 6 months, with a minimum of 3 months.
Helps trouble shoot diabetics!